|Home News Topics Events Bookshop Resources Directory|
London employers' support part-time study, says survey
London employers are more in favour of part-time study for their employees than has been thought, according to new research from London Higher.
The research report entitled 'Attitudes to part-time study - the perspective of London employers' found:
* 77% of employers surveyed believe that both they and employees benefit from an employee undertaking part-time study
* 90% of employers surveyed believe that undertaking a course of part-time study has a positive effect on employees
* Employers reported that 90% of employees who undertake part-time study complete their courses
* The majority of firms in London provide, often generous, funding to support their staff in their part-time studies
* Whilst employers are willing to fund job-specific, management, IT and health and safety courses, they are less likely to fund language and well-being courses
* 30% of employers surveyed suggest that government subsidies for part-time courses would make them more willing to encourage part-time study amongst employees
* Employers' policies towards part-time study are informal and often formulated on an ad hoc basis, if they exist at all
* 88% of employers surveyed who have tried finding part-time learning courses have been successful
The research was jointly funded by London Higher and the London Development Agency. London Higher is a membership organisation that promotes London's higher education.
A telephone survey was conducted of 385 employers in Greater London to explore their experiences, perceptions and attitudes towards Part-time Study.
The full research report can be found at: www.londonhigher.ac.uk/projects-part.htm
Training Reference is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites
Training and development books
Discover books on a variety of training and development topics at the Training Reference Bookshop
Visit the Training Reference Directory to view supplier details for a wide range of courses, products and services.
Visit the Training Reference Directory to source suppliers for a wide range of training courses, products & services.
Receive our FREE newsletter and keep up-to-date with the latest information. Click here to subscribe
|Training Reference accepts no liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage caused by the user's reliance on any information, material or advice published on, or accessed from, this website. Users of this website are encouraged to verify information received with other sources. E&OE. All trademarks acknowledged. © Copyright Training Reference 2003 - 2007|